2013-2014 Calendar of Events
- September 23, 2013 – Board Meeting — 7:00 pm in Room 22 of Riverside Township Hall
- October 20, 2013 – Fall Tea — Branch Meeting, 2:00 pm at Riverside Public Library
We will celebrate our branch’s 65th anniversary, and discuss the Educational Foundation grants
- November 6, 2013 – Special showing of 17-minute video: ERA, Unfinished Business Robin Benoy’s home, 7:30 PM
- November 9, 2013 – Forks and Corks Fundraiser — 12-3 pm at Mollie’s Public House, 91 Forest Avenue, Riverside
Contact: Nancy Dvorak
- November 25, 2013 – Board Meeting — 7:00 pm at Riverside Township Hall
- December 8, 2013 – Holiday Tea & Constance Morris Paper Shower — Branch Meeting, 2:00 pm, with Expression Dance Studio at Foundations Performance Center, 3903 Joliet Avenue, Lyons (708-447-0700)
Join us for a special performance by Expression Dance Studio, with a performance by owner and artistic director Amber Alonzo
“Expression Dance Studio’s goal is to provide students with a safe environment in which they can express themselves through movement. All dancers will learn correct technique in a fun and enjoyable way. Instructors will encourage each student to express their own unique individuality and style. Students will develop an appreciation and respect for the art of dance.
Everyone that joins Expression Dance Studio immediately feels a part of our dance family. Studio owner, Amber Alonzo encourages dancers of all ages and abilities are welcome. Whether a dancer is 18 months or 100 years old, there is a place for them at Expression Dance Studio. Students who take 1 class a week and students that are on our award winning competitive company are all treated as equal members of our studio and family.
Students are always welcome with a warm smile and great big hug! We invite you to come visit our studio and enjoy a free class on us to see what we are all about.”
It was a day of great dancers (Amber pictured below), great desserts and even some caroling!
- February 24, 2014 – Board Meeting — 7:00 pm at Riverside Township Hall
- March 3, 2014 – Branch Meeting — Annual Meeting, 7:00 pm
Topic: Panel of local author
- March 7, 2014 – Annual International Women’s Day
10:30 AM – Luncheon at Noon, Union League ClubKeynote: Michele Llegerwood$65.00; Information: www.chicagowomensday.org
- April 16, 2014 – In Betweens — 7:00 pm at Riverside Public Library
“The Effect of Illinois’ Fiscal Crisis on Mental Health Care”
The event is open to the public. Heather O’Donnell, Vice President of Public Policy and Advocacy at Thresholds, will be discussing this very important subject. Thresholds is the oldest and largest provider of recovery services for persons with mental illnesses in Illinois. Ms. O’Donnell leads Thresholds’ public policy and advocacy efforts and also spearheads an advocacy coalition of over 150 mental and behavioral health organizations across Illinois.
- April 28, 2014 – Board Meeting — 7:00 pm at Riverside Township Hall
- May 18, 2014 – Spring Tea — Branch Meeting, 2:00 pm at Robin Benoy’s house
Topic: Education Awards
- June 23, 2014 – Board Meeting — 7:00 pm at Riverside Township Hall.